Monday, March 9, 2009

Bill Sanderson

linny, i just went to google and poked in bloomsbury,nj. great all about the town.. nothin about growin up there. i looked thru half doz pages. if i was an ex townie lookin for info i wouldnt find the blog site..
bloomsbury became a bourogh in 1905. google it then try wikipedi.
i had another brain misfunction this am, and tried to blog with no luck. i think i was able to make an acct. the other day. too confusing for me. hell i got a vcr an still havent figured out how to tape something.

fullers pharmacy and soda fountain.. does anyone remember it ?? i remember mr. fuller or dorothy makin up perscriptions and then comming down to the fountain area and pumping the syrup in the glass then the soda water. yum. 5cents. this was in the big white building on center and main and in the other half of the building was the bank.

it would sure be nice if someone would send instructions on how to blog. to an old fart.
i finaly got a phone thats not hooked to the wall and its got too many buttons .

there was a site when i googled bbury that had pics of buildins in town and old rt. 22. ms. killian was asking for info and it was so easy to but in ones two cents. just click in the box and type. she got back to me within half an hour.
i sent carla there and she liked it. brought back memories.
speakin of crla an email just came in. later lin, help bill

3 comments:

  1. Bill if you made an account already it should be showing up. Is it a Google Account? If so and if you want to sign in you must click the link at the top to comment saying sign in and then after you type in your message comment as and go to your name and Google in the block with the drop down. I hope this helps.
    We can all figure this out. I know we can. WE AIN'T DEAD YET!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Dot Fuller and her dad in the old time Pharmacy in the bank building.
    My mom and Dot were good friends. I remember had a sister. I'm thinking Phyllis, but that may be wrong. If someone else knows better, please correct me.
    But we would go over to old Doc Lane's and I'd get my shots. Then march on over to the drug store and get ice cream. It's a tradition even now in our family. Shots = ice cream. ;)
    Moving on now through the ages. Once I was allowed to cover the block to Center Street, Lance and I would go to the Drug Store every week. You see back in those days the sellers of mags and rags would get refunded or not charged for the mags they didn't sell. But they had to take the covers off and return them. So Dorothy would do just that and then the vultures would come. Me and Lance. LOL And tear the ever loving hell out of the garbage. I guess finally she got tired of it and would sort them out and stack them for us. YES THOSE WERE THE DAYS...... WE WERE POOR AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT ;)
    Good people in a great town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone. I remember the drug store, and buying model airplanes, Testors plastic cement, and paint for the models when I was a kid. As I recall, there were a couple of booths on the right side as you entered... the soda fountain counter was on the left and the other stuff was in the back - the pharmacy, etc.

    At one point Dad got the job of cleaning out the basement of the drugstore, and I know he found several unbroken apothecary jars down there - you know, those with the gold-rimmed oval labels/markers on the outside.

    My dad and grandfather were both involved in the bank. Frank C. Hoffman was President and Dad (Stearns) was on the Board of Directors. I have some old bank statements here and I'll post one from the 1950s. There was a w alnut babnk table in the lobby with pigeon holes for deposit slips and that sort of thing. I have that in my living room now.

    ReplyDelete