Monday, March 9, 2009

Bill Sanderson

i just went to the bbury web site. did u know they have a cat license??? some towns will do any thing to make a buck.. next will be parkig meters.

another memory.. in the fall of the year before halloween papy angles students, certain ones got a chance to paint a mural on two windows at pickles. i got a chance to weild a prush one year. had to paint backwards on the inside so it was rite from outside. tricky.

as far as pappy tossin kids down the steps i think that was a story . my mother never said anything about it nor did i experience any fit of anger from him. course i was always a good boy.

does any one have a pic of pappys charcoal of the methodist church that made the town calender??

later lin. gonna start thinkin again. bill

3 comments:

  1. I remember very well painting the stores windows. Actually I believe they still do that. I know my older grandkids did. Anyone need to correct me on that?
    Somewhere in this mess I do have a copy of Pappy's Angle's drawing of the church. I believe I've seen others he has done as well.
    I never had him for a teacher. He retired I think when I was in 5 or 6th grade. But he did still come in on Friday's for our art lesson. I remember his speech for retiring. I don't know if anyone else does or not. Seems he was concerned everyone would forget him. And he was talking about us doing exactly what we are doing. LOL He said in the future he could see people talking about him and having problems with his name. Sounded more like he was dying than retiring to me. I guess we all get like that as we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had totally forgotten about that until I read Bill's comment about painting the murals on the inside of the storefront windows. I vaguely recall that I did that one year myself.

    Dooes anyone remember the Halloween Parades they used to have? I remember it starting from somewhere around the Post Office and going to the firehouse. Does that sound about right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. does anyone rememberhalloween trick or treating and stopping at the russomanos on church and brunswick ave. the old barber shop. mrs. would invite us in for cocoa, or cider and cakes. we would sit on the picnic table/ kitchen table and enjoy. thank you very much mrs. russomano and off wed go for more candy.

    ReplyDelete