Friday, March 6, 2009

From Bill Sanderson who apparently is too shy to post himself. ;)

the early days. do you remember about then how many grocery stores were in town?? not counting sheetz n gardners?? how about watchin the train stop at the station and passengers getting on and off. pikles farm machinery and hardware store. the ladies at the methodist church making and selling the soup.
the answer to the first question is three. then some one opened a soda n ice cream shop in one of the houses between leos n wheelers. then there was the telephone switch board office in the old hotel. my mother was one of the young operators that said , number please.
ah the good old dyas.
yeah, mike i remember.
lin, maby theres something here that you could put on the blog.
just had one of my moments, later guys, bill

3 comments:

  1. The soda fountain was owned by the Hyndshaw's. The people who raised Mrs. Randels. I never did much to just out and out harass people, but they were too easy a target. I remember doing the phone call for Prince Albert in a can. I think my mother told me that was a favorite prank of theirs when they were young. Boy in today's light that was not so bad at all. But I felt badly about it for a very long time.
    GEE Bill I think you know how that goes LOL BLUSH

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great grandparents owned the "soda fountain".

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long did they have it Meagan? I forget and do you know what years?

    ReplyDelete