Saturday, January 16, 2010

Linda, thanks for inviting me to your blog! This is a new venture for me so I have a lot to learn about it. I will tackle the "profile" section when I have a little more time. I was selfishly delighted to find a section on "cow thumps" because for years I had been asking people if they ever heard of them but all I got was a lot of suspicious looks and offers of therapy. I'm finally vindicated! I never could find any reference to them online but now I know why -- thanks to the blogger who set the record straight by telling us it really was a "callathump."
I was happy to see Dale Gardner on the site. I lost touch with Pat and would like to know if she's still in northern PA. Dale, if you read this, will you please let me know? She was usually the one to come running by the house out of breath announcing the latest "cow thump." What welcome and exciting words those were!

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I also mention to friends what I thought was COWTHUMPS.... and people look at me like I have two heads... I remember one time we gathered on the porch of a young couple who rented the apartment above Ginger Steele's house... the young couple thought we were all nuts and just being bad kids and then someone explained it to them and they bought us ice cream... lol...

    ReplyDelete